Friday, February 1, 2013

Album Of The Month - January 2013 (Travis)

Although not too many bands released an album this month, AOTM still proved to be a hard choice. I found myself drawn between two albums that are both tied, so without further adieu I present to you my Albums Of The Month choices.

Acrania
Album: The Beginning Of The End
Genre: Brutal Death Metal, Technical Deathcore
Facebook
Preview "A trophy to corporate disfigurement"

This was an EP I had been super excited for ever since I found their split EP. Turns out I liked their singers old band Hideous Miscreation (Who I may end up posting soon). The vocals are heavy, the guitars are heavy, the drums are heavy, this EP probably weighs two tons. The only issues I see in this EP are: 1, there isn't much material, new or old, but that's reasonable, it is just an EP, and 2, my favorite song by far was released as a single well before the actual album came out, and 3, they ended their pre-order bundle about 6 hours before I bought new merch </3. But anyways, definitely support these guys. I uploaded the EP right here.

The Beginning Of The End secures a 8/10

AND TIED WITH ACRANIA IS:

Fall City Fall
Album: Victus
Genre: Hardcore
Facebook
Preview: "Lovebirds"

Wow. This album is just such an improvement. I found these guys a long time ago on last.fm with their first EP. They have just gotten better and there is no wonder why they got signed to Victory Records (which is the reason this album will not be posted here). The vocals and lyrics have matured and they've made the album's sound diverse throughout the whole listen. Some songs will come at you very chaotic and give you a Dillinger Escape Plan feel, while others feel more like the song "funeralationship" from their last EP.

Victus scores a solid 8.5/10 for me.


2 comments:

  1. You guys do such a fabulous job with your posts. Although I completely hate your title and it should have been "My son Larry". Could you guys highlight Portugal. The Man sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the name, but fuck you ethan ;). Can you come over Sunday?

    ReplyDelete